Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Today I tortured my son















I was longing to do girly hair things, but my girl doesn't have long enough hair... hence mean Mommy had to use Ethans hair :)

Ack, I just realized that Chelan is in 1 week. I have no list, no menu, nothing. Generally a trip of this proportion would be planned out at least 3 weeks in advance. I just can't get the enthusiasm yet to plan. But I better get some soon.

The one thing I DID do in preparation for Chelan was reserve some books from the library. I was only gonna spend a few minutes and get a few books, but I ended up spending an hour and got 16 books. They won't all arrive before Chelan, but at least 3-4 will. I've been reading a book every 1-2 days, depending on how much the kids sleep and how long I'm willing to stay up at night :)

So, I, uh, found a boy for Becki! Well, a potential boy. I, without Becki's permission, put up a personal ad with pic for her. I put it up as a girl looking for a good man for her sister. I got many responses! Some were questionable... promises of a Starbucks gift card if I could hook him up with a date, a guy who claims to look like Cuba Gooding Jr. but he didn't have a pic... so I can tell you that this pretty much means he does not look like him :)

The guy I was most gung ho about is 28, has a Masters in Public Administration, works for the government investigating illegal labor practices and is pretty good looking. He was very easy to chat with, and seemed really nice. His name is also Tim... we just can't get enough of those, huh? Kinda like in Jason's family, some form of the name 'Christi' shows up everywhere :)

Ah, I've not told you about the movies I've seen recently. I just finished watching 'Bride and Prejudice', an Indian Bollywood (like our Hollywood) musical based loosely on 'Pride and Prejudice'. Its campy and corny. I loved it! The women are phenomenally gorgeous. I would say watch it just for the camp factor.

The other one was a French film called, 'A Very Long Engagement'. The lead is the same girl who was in that great French movie, 'Amelie'. Its a quirky, violent, dark, lighthearted, innocent, mysterious, sweet film. Yep, all those in one. I really liked it. There are moments of shocking violence and sex, but then not a few minutes later you are surprised by how touching the film becomes. Really good.

Jason went to a vendor thingy tonight so I had full responsibility for both the little ones all night. Whew. Tiring. I tried something new and bathed both of them together. It was... interesting. Ethan was not happy at first. He saw Gwens little tub in the big tub and her in it and started his whole 'ahhhh' and pointing thing. You could totally tell he was saying, "What is she doing here, she's in my spot, get her out get her out!". I told him he'd have to deal with it and eventually he found it funny to throw the rubber ducky on to Gwen. I gave them a shower instead of bath (detachable shower heads are so handy). Ethan first, then Gwen. It worked out ok, but was a lot of work!

No comments: