Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm at my Mom's now. Haven't blogged since 1) hands have been full trying to keep Ethan from smashing everything in the house and 2) it takes so darn long to get anywhere on their painfully slow dial-up (current connection speed, 26.4k).

Ethan has been having the time of his life tho. He runs around constantly... getting into everything, tumbling with the dogs, playing outside. I fear that when we get back home he's gonna have a hard time adjusting to our normal boring life!

Gwennie hasn't been doing so well. She's going through another bout of colic and is very fussy, particularly in the evenings. I feel for everyone as they get home from work, and then have to listen to her cry and cry :(

Both the kids and I are in the spare bedroom. Surprisingly, this hasn't been a problem at all. Ethan goes to bed first, then we come in about an hour later. I can move around, read, etc and he won't wake. Both of them are sleeping deeply through the night, probably because they're being so stimulated through the day!

Shortly, we'll be going walking on the driveway. We tried to go yesterday, but Mom and I were just too pooped.

I've been thinking that I may become a certified lactation consultant. It would allow me to get a job in a hospital/doc office/clinic if I wanted, but also give me the flexibility to work from home as well, doing home visits, giving classes, etc. I'm going to look into the requirements... There is no 'official' schooling required, but there are tests and basic knowledge that I'd have to pick up on.

The very sad truth is that with the hugely inflated home costs in this area, if we want our 'dream' house (or, really, anything better than what we have now) anytime in the next 10 years, Jason either needs a large salary increase (not likely, since he's close to the top of his payscale), or I need to bring in a little bit of money. Obviously, me working outside the home full, or even part time is not feasible. I don't want my kids in daycare. And working from home right now is a near impossibility. But, if I can get the training and such now, perhaps in a year I would be able to manage something.

Grammy and Grandpa will be home soon... maybe even this weekend or early next week! Please let us know guys cuz we're dying to know!

No comments: