Monday, August 29, 2005

This will be short as I'm very worn out!

The kids (yep, both of 'em) have not been sleeping through the night consistently. In fact, Gwen is up to something like 3 wakings a night now. It has to be a growing spurt or something. Ethan is waking up about 1 time a night, every other night or so. Its very draining for me if both kids are up during the night, especially when my insomnia kicks in.

I ended up getting up at 5 thanks to multiple wakings (after the last one, I was like...why bother going back to sleep) and stayed glued to the TV and computer for hurricane coverage. My cousin Josh, his wife Amber and their son Kadin (3) were in Biloxi at Keesler AFB. We just got word tonight that they made it through all right, but won't be able to leave base until probably Thursday. They are worried about their apartment and their belongings. I hope all is ok at their place :(

Gwen, my dear little Gwennie Pooh, is soooo Mommy-centric lately. She won't even let Daddy hold her in the evenings. She doesn't want to be put down either. I don't know if this is part of her growing spurt or what. It is positively draining. She's sleeping very little during the days, then I end up tending to her all night because she's not happy for more than 5 min with Daddy. We went through a similar thing with Ethan... poor Jason! I keep telling him tho, eventually she'll be a Daddy's girl (just like Ethans a Daddy's boy now) and you'll get your turn :)

So all this Mommy-neediness and sleeplessness is making me so stressed about Chelan. Mom says that the kids will be so worn out every day they'll sleep like rocks. I hope that's true. Its really crummy to not get sleep and feel crappy when you're there because its such a waste of good vacation time.

I finally have my shopping list and food/assorted items packing list done. I'm gonna wing it on the clothes. I can't bear to write another list.

Finally got my butt in gear and cleaned a little. Unfortunately, its all mussed up already, but it was nice seeing it clean for like 2 hours.

Off to bed.

Oh, it rained yesterday, and today we had thunderstorms and more rain. 'Twas lovely.

No comments: