Saturday, August 13, 2005

Haven't posted in a while. It was hard to do at my Mom's cuz it took so long! I have a lot to catch you up on!

Well, Gwen, Ethan and I all came down with a cold, thanks to Shelly :) It was really bad for poor little Gwennie last night. She projectile vomited 4 feedings in a row and just was most uncomfortable. We gave her some baby tylenol since if her cold was anything like mine, she was having a sore throat and aches and pains. That seemed to help her and she finally went to sleep and fed twice during the night.

Today, both the kids were a lot better, though runny noses still were present.

The absolute BEST thing that happened today was that we saw Grammy and Grandpa! They are home! This trip, although not their longest, was by far the hardest for me. I missed them constantly. They both looked wonderful and it was so good to have them here in person.

There is a story I keep forgetting to post. Well, two stories really, which may or may not be related.

The first happened last Saturday night. It was about 11pm and the dogs started barking. They rarely do that at night. Jason was still up, and I was woken up by their barking. Jason put them out and BOTH of them ran to the fence and started barking madly. Typically, Toby may do this, but you know if Tilli does it, something is up. Jason went out and tried to call them in, but they wouldn't come off the fence. He saw some flashlights on the easement behind the house and then heard a voice saying, 'This is the police, get your dogs inside and keep them quiet'. This, of course, shocked Jason and he hurriedly brought them in. I had not heard this voice and Jason didn't tell me about it... but then he calls me in a somewhat panicked tone, 'Kristi, get out here now'. All I'm thinking is, 'oh my lord, there is someone trying to break in' (<- biggest fear). Well, I peek out the door and Jason is like, 'There are cops swarming all over our yard!'. They were looking under our cars, in our bushes, everywhere. They even had a k-9 unit out. Then they went up and down our street, then back AGAIN. Obviously they were looking for someone. Well, after about an hour, they went away and didn't come back.

Ok, part two. This morning I'm making breakfast and look out my window. Much to my surprise, I see a plainclothes officer and county sheriff, guns drawn, peeking around my neighbors garage. This is the house directly in front of us, and they were looking to the house next door to that one. I call Jason to lookand then also see another gentleman in a flack jacket with a big-ass shotgun. Jason had me move the kids to a safer location just in case. Well, long story short, they busted the people in the house. Arrested the lady and the guy. The kids that live there weren't there apparently. It had to have been drug related. The people in this house have had a couple domestic violence issues in the past. The lady caught my dogs one time they got out and kept them until I got home. She was really nice. Just strange.

So, Jason and I are like, totally wierded out by two major police activities in the last week, when we've barely seen a cop on our street in all the other years we've lived here! Sheesh!

No comments: