Friday, August 05, 2005

I hope I did not offend anyone with my Dr. Phil letter thingy. It really sounded quite opinionated and harsh (as things usually do when I write while tired and cranky).

So, yesterday the funniest thing happened. I didn't think it was funny then, but now I do... Ethan has started counter clearing. He can get a whole hand up there and he just puts it up there and waves it back and forth, hoping to come up with something good. We've had many close calls (knives, pans, etc) and some broken items (espresso carafe, glasses). I had my cup of milk and vanilla flavor on the counter awaiting some espresso. I turned for a moment and heard a great splash. I turn back and Ethan is standing there, dumbstruck, hands out from his sides, milk flowing down over his head. Tee hee... Very funny. He just stood there in shock! There was sticky milk all over him, the floor, the cabinets. Irritating then, pretty funny now.

Today Jason didn't go to work, so we spent most the day out. By about 1 it was already very hot and the air in the house was heavy. We just needed to get out. So we went to ToysRUs. We wanted to find him one of those punching bag things (now called, 'bop bags', presumably because 'punch' is too violent) as well as a play broom (hoping he'd leave mine alone) and one of those workbench toys where you can hammer pegs through. Well, we found the punching thing, and a broom, but no luck on the workbench! They had complex ones with lights, sounds and pop-up characters, but I just wanted one of those plain old wood ones. No luck! The best we could find was this. He does love it! Jason and I lamented tho that we couldn't find the good old fashioned one we'd wanted. Why does everything need 100 batteries and flashing lights and sounds? Sheesh, do we sound old or what! :)

On our way home, Gwen and I went to Central Market, and Jason and Ethan went to the new Coldstone Creamery. Supposedly, Ethan really dug the ice cream. Big surprise!

I went to CM because I wanted to make sushi for dinner. Ok, before you get all, "Ick!" and, "Eeew!" on me, I made California rolls, which only have rice, the seaweed wrapper (which hardly has any taste), sesame seeds, cucumber, avocado and crab (cooked). I was inspired by a Good Eats episode. The recipe was easy and pretty good. I even got a super cool bamboo sushi roller. Fun stuff!

While we were at ToysRUs, they had a whole bunch of stuff on clearance. I picked up a swimsuit and outfit for Gwen. Alas, my little G is too skinny, even for a 0-3 month swimsuit! It falls right off! I am so bummed, because its really cute :( Its so big that its doubtful she'll fit it before summer is over. Sigh. Me and my skinny babies!

So, tomorrow we dash off to the church campout to visit and BBQ some dinner. Sunday, we all pack up and go our separate ways. Jason to San Fran, and me to Mom's. I suspect I'll sneak back here a few times to get my fast internet fix and do yardwork at least once, maybe twice. I am looking forward to the built in babysitting.

No comments: