Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Howdy folks!

Whew, seems like things haven't really slowed down enough lately for me to get any blogging time in. I also have like 12 books checked out right now and am using every scrap of free time to read :)

Not much has been going on... I finally made that appointment with the Neurologist to get my head checked out, but between her vacation and mine, I won't see her till 9/8. Good to have it taken care of tho.

It has been hot hot hot. Unbearably hot. And yet we can't seem to make ourselves buy an AC unit. Its like, you just KNOW that as soon as you buy it and set it up, the weather will stay at 70, or summer will just end. Luckily, today was cloudy and cool and very nice. Nice break.

Due to all the weird police stuff around our neighborhood lately (btw, those peeps that were arrested are both now back at home...?), Jason and I once again looked for houses and tried our best to see if we could make something work. We have very little wiggle room right now. More and more, we think that a modular (not manufactured or mobile) is the way to go. They retain all the value of a traditional house, but are cheaper and faster to build. Of course, that means you have to find land, which is just about as difficult as finding a house! We found lots of good houses... in Arlington! Even one with a pool. But an Arlington-Bellevue commute is a hellish, nearly impossible one.

Today we went over to Mom's and, along with Becki, Mom and Michelle, made refrigerator pickles. They are dill and oh so very very delicious. I can eat tons of them. They are very crunchy and garlicky. Its sad that I have to wait at least 2 weeks, preferably 1 month, to eat them! I was exempt from the picking... but they picked 26 lbs, which made 5 gallons of pickles, which, for a total cost of $24, is pretty darn cheap and they are in every way superior to regular pickles. Ah... pickles. I will stop drooling now.

K, off to read some more :) Maybe tomorrow I'll get my bootie in gear and upload some pics for ya'll!

No comments: