Friday, September 09, 2005

Did nothing today. Really. I'm still in the clothes I woke up in :) Got a smidge of housework done, but pretty much moped around and felt sorry for myself.

The bright spot of my day was hearing from a very old friend of mine who lives in New Orleans. We hadn't talked in a long time, and I wasn't even sure if he still lived there, so I had been wondering if he was ok, and I was glad to hear he was. Unfortunately, he lost everything but the 6 pairs of clothes he had with him. This amount of loss and devastation is so hard to imagine. How do people recover? Do they ever fully get over this type of trauma?

I thought 9/11 was perhaps the worst thing I'd ever see in my lifetime, and, because it was a terrorist attack, maybe it was in a way. But there is something much worse about this natural disaster... it was not preventable... it wreaked such havoc on so many and that makes it much worse in my mind. A whole city was destroyed. A beautiful city, with so much history and great food and music.

Today I recalled that I have not yet finished knitting Gwennies baby blanket. Its about 3/4 of the way done, and I need to finish it up. Ethan is now very attached to his blanket and about 4 times a day pulls it, along with his bear, out of his crib into the living room to snuggle with it.

Jason is nearly done with doing the pics. Hopefully they'll be completely up by tomorrow.

No comments: