Tuesday, September 20, 2005

We are all sick :(

Poor Jason has it the worst of any of us and his breathing was so loud last night (not that he could help it) that I ended up sleeping on the couch. Gwen woke up at about 2 and I was able to get her back to sleep, but then she woke at 4:30 and I didn't hear her, so Jason brought her out to me and we ended up asleep on the couch. Just about 45 min after that, little Ethan decided to wake up, so we were all groggily sitting on the couch by 5:45. Ugh.

Gwens raspy, but can still breathe. Ethan seems to be coming out of the cold. So far I have minor congestion and sore throat.

Needless to say, nothing much got done today as everyone was sleepy and out of sorts.

We did go outside today for about 45 min. Since Aaron scooped the other day (thanks again Aaron!), the yard was fairly clean and Ethan ran around picking flowers and alternately picking them apart or stuffing them up his nose to sniff them :) That boy loves him some outdoors.

I forgot to mention what we had for dinner last night. It was really good. The recipe is called Turkey Scallopini with Capers and Lemons, though I made it with pounded chicken breasts. I made some thyme-infused rice to go along with it. Num. Tonight we had Spaghetti and Meatballs w/ peas & carrots and garlic bread. Ethan dug it!

So a funny thing happened this evening. Jason was watching Simpsons while I was cooking. He got up to do something, and then stopped to talk to me for a moment. All of a sudden we hear the Oobi (Ethans favorite show) theme song, and it was being turned up as we spoke. Jason and I were perplexed, so we peek out of the kitchen to see Ethan there with the remote. Somehow, and this is amazing, he got into the TiVo menu, chose Oobi (which wasn't at the top of the list by the way) then pressed play, and then adjusted the volume! In a matter of minutes! Wow. It could have been just chance, but to do it all so quickly. Weird!

We've started Ethan with pacifier rationing. He is only getting them at naps and bedtime. I want to make sure that it doesn't get in the way of his communicating clearly. Its been a little rough. When he starts wearing down or getting stressed he'll look for one, or ask me for one.

Send us good sleep wishes, would ya? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you're all sick. I told you that Ethan is a smart kid! He's probably been studying you grown-ups and figured it out.
Love,
Grammy