Thursday, September 29, 2005

Tonight we had a delightful cream of carrot soup with homemade foccacia. Ugh, I ate too much of that darned foccacia. Its soooooooo good. I also made a pie the other day from a butternut squash. We didn't have any whipped cream though and I just can't have a squash pie without whipped cream. Jason picked some up today so we'll have some tonight. I'm curious to how it tastes cuz I really winged it and used a shortbread crust too.

I've been feeling a lot better since Tuesday, when I was able to get out of the house. Unfortunately, I feel the cloud starting to move back over my head. It started with J waking Gwen up this morning very early, and her not going back to sleep. It just set off the day on a bad start. Kids didn't nap hardly at all and I felt so frustrated at my lack of progress on ANYTHING. Although my general mood is still lighter than its been lately, my tolerance level is very very low. One thing just throws me into a spiral and its hard to pull out of. I'm hoping that now Gwen is sleeping through the night again and my Mom is going to babysit every week for me that I'll be able to completely come out of this in time.

Today it was very very windy. So windy in fact that it picked up the kiddie pool and blew it against the grill. I thought, huh, good. That grill will keep it from flying away. Well, the pool caught a huge gust and sent the grill flying! Yah, the heavy gas grill tumbled over and over and broke off some pieces (luckily, repairable). I couldn't believe it!

Of course, Toby has his wind-phobia and followed me around the house all day, much to my aggravation. Its funny/cute for about the first 20 minutes, but when every time you stop moving he sits on your feet and every time you turn around you trip on him, it gets old fast! I locked him out of the bathroom while I showered cuz he tried to get in with me and when I came out he was sitting on our bed, on MY pillow. Sheesh :D

We just heard from Les & Karen that they will be visiting us on Saturday. I don't believe they've seen Gwen since she was about a month old, so they have quite a bit of catching up to do!

By the way, Blogger is down right now and I'm writing this in Notepad so I don't forget what I wanted to say. Because of this, I can tell you that I DID have a piece of that squash pie and it was really really good. In fact, you can't really tell its not pumpkin. Squash is like that. They all kinda taste the same, especially when those traditional spices are used. You know, there is a fake apple pie that uses saltine crackers instead of apples that has fooled food experts by taste and texture. Just proves you can add cinnamon and cloves to almost anything and it fools you into thinking its something its not.

No comments: