Saturday, September 17, 2005

We got Ethans hair cut yesterday. It was soooo long and it just had to be done. I skipped the child place and just went to Hair Masters. He did not like that, oh no he did not. I ended up holding him the whole time and after it was over, he and I were just covered in hair! She didn't shave any of it (like the last haircut), just trimmed it around the ears, eyes and neck and thinned it out. I think it looks really good.

Yesterday, Jason got a call from one of his Spokane friends. They had come into town for a Cougars game and wanted to go out. So Jason (after working late the night before) trotted out to meet them at about 9:30 or so. He came home at about 1. Of course, cuz I'm a major scaredy cat, I wasn't able to sleep until he got home. We both fell immediately into bed, but were awoken by our little noisy peanut (Gwen) at 5:30. She was talking and laughing to herself, but after a time it turned into fussiness and we had to get up. This woke up Ethan, and so everyone was out of bed by 7.

Jason had to work today as well, so he went off. The kids and I did absolutely nothing of significance. Not a thing. After J got home, we moved in my treadmill (nearly killing ourselves more than a few times. That thing is freaking heavy!) so that I can start working out. I'm very inspired.

Becki stopped by this evening to pick up a game and see the kids real quick.

I made a grilled chicken thing (can't exactly recall the name). The chicken had the back cut out and was flattened, then brined in a saltwater/bay leaf/2 head of garlic smashed concoction. I then took it out and rubbed a garlic-pepper oil (olive oil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and garlic) under the skin and grilled it. After it was done, you carve the chicken and put a bit more of the oil over the top. Its very spicy, and the oil under the skin while its cooking give it a super crisp skin. We had it with roasted balsamic asparagus.

Has anyone watched the new Martha Stewart show? I think its pretty darn good! One would think that Martha would be dreadful on a live talk show, but she's surprisingly watchable. She makes great fun of her prison time, which makes her seem like less of a snob. I had to admit that I could not stop laughing when 'Diddy' was there teaching her how to rap. She had not one bit of 'soul' or 'funk' in her. When she rapped it sounded like she was reciting Shakespeare in a retirement home!

No comments: