Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Another tiring day! Everything seemed to go wrong. I needed to hit the grocery store and it took me 1 1/2 hours to get out the freaking door! How is that possible! Ethan was on a rampage today. He found out that he can throw things into the kitchen sink and now everything goes in the sink. While I was getting Gwen dressed, he went into the bathroom and pulled everything out of two drawers.

Our house is a disaster... I can't even count the number of times I tripped over toys, clothes etc. My kitchen was horrendous. I was so irritated at everything! Later, I managed to get the kitchen clean, but that's all. Maybe tomorrow I'll try for the rest of the house.

Went out to A. Deannes for Caitlyns 17th b-day. Had a good time. She got her belly button pierced. It looks really cute, but she said it was super painful. Brave girl!

Yesterday was odd. The weather was very humid and heavy and my brain felt all mushy. I was having a hard time putting words together when I spoke. I couldn't remember what I was doing an hour before. I have these days from time to time and they are always so strange. Its like I woke up and my brain never fully engaged.

Some people look in the mirror and think they look a lot worse than they really do. I'm the opposite. In the mirror, I think I look better and thinner than I do in real life. How do I know? Well, a good number of pictures were taken of me over the weekend and after looking at them I was appalled! My hair is flatter and thinner than I thought, I'm definitely more chubby than I thought and my clothes do not fit as well as I thought. Where is the person that I see in the mirror? I do not think I'm some sort of super good looking person, but I did not think I looked THAT bad. Its motivated me to think about cutting my hair short (to shoulder length perhaps) and doing something about getting this baby weight off. I just don't see how I could be taking in too many calories when I'm nursing and chasing kids around. Its not like I eat super fattening foods. I make nearly 100% of all my meals and most are very well balanced. I had planned to try and lose like 50 lbs but I don't see how I can possibly do it. I could eat better than I am now, but I have no energy to exercise more ( more than walking), let alone finding the time to do so.

Sigh. Off to bed before I depress myself further.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi I feel your pain. I just watched the videos of Matthews Birthday party and found I looked a lot worse than I thought also. I too am having a very hard time getting weight off and I don't feel I eat that much. Finding time to exercise is not possible at this point. Maybe when Matthew goes to school.Anyway, what makes me feel better is knowing I have such a sweet supportive husband that loves me no matter what size, and that I am taking care of my kids and giving them time they need and deserve. They are only small for a while. Someday I'll have more time than I know what to do with and I don't want to regret time I could have spent with my babies.