Friday, July 08, 2005

This weather has been unbelievable! I would never have thought that, in July, I would see wind, driving rain and chilly temps (59 degrees at 2pm).

The weather cancelled our walking plans for today, but I still needed to hit the library and get some groceries. We stopped at the library and, as is everything I do, its a major production. I had to put Ethan in the single kid stroller, load the books I was returning into the back, then put Gwen in the pouch. All while I was standing in the rain getting soaked. We make it inside, and I picked up the books that were on hold for me. There was a paper saying that they had more for me in the back and to go to the desk. Well, we go to check out and Gwen is fussy and Ethan is impatient and, well, long story short, the library screwed up and admitted it, but then tried to blame me for what they just admitted to! Its too confusing to even explain, and its not a big deal, but I left kinda embarrassed because everyone behind me had to wait like 20 min.

Anyhoo, went over to Top Foods to meet Mom to grocery shop. Picked up some acidophilus. I'm going to try taking it and see if it helps with little G's gas problem! I really really really really do not want to cut dairy from my diet. I love cheese! I love butter! I love milk!

I made a very delicious dinner tonight. It was Sweet Chili Glazed Chicken Wings. Had it with steamed rice and sauteed spinach. Jason said it was the best Asian food I'd ever made. They marinated in a garlic/ginger/soy/pepper flakes/peanut oil mix for 2 hours, then were baked for 20 min (I hit them with the broiler for another 15 or so to get crisp), then tossed with a rice vinegar, sugar, garlic, pepper flakes/chili-garlic paste mix which had been reduced down to a syrup consistency. I gave Ethan a couple drumettes to gnaw on and Grandpa, he did you proud! Those bones were cleaned thoroughly. Not a bit of meat left!

Ethan has been demonstrating more affection and concern for Gwen as of late. Today, before we left, I was in the bathroom getting ready and Ethan was with me. Gwen was already buckled in her seat. She started to cry and Ethan went to the bathroom door and wanted out. I let him out and he ran (well, as fast as his little clumsy legs can run) out to her seat, bent over and put his head on her chest. It was the cutest thing ever. She started calming down and by the time I got there things were nearly under control.

No comments: