Saturday, July 23, 2005

Today was pretty much a mad sprint from beginning to end. Woke up, made a bigish breakfast... Dutch baby (i.e. puff pancake), sausage, fruit. While I was making breakfast, I started making a double batch of chocolate chip cookies. Some for Dad's b-day, some just for us :) Right as I'm in the middle of doing cookies, Ethan goes down for nap, but screams forever, so we get him back up for a bit. As I'm finishing up the cookies (it made like 100 of them!), Ethan goes back down and stays down. Gwennie goes to sleep, I jump in the shower, I get out, Ethan gets up, Jason feeds him while I get dressed, I give Gwen a quick bath (and nearly drown her in the process, per usual), get her dressed and we're out the door. Off to get coffee at Brynnes coffee stand, then the library (3 more books, yeehaw), then to King Charley's, then to Mom's for Dad's b-day party.

Mom & Dad's old friends, Ardell and Connie, came by. I hadn't seen them in forever. I'm not sure if they were at the wedding, but if they weren't, it would have been nearly 10 years at least since the last time I saw them. They looked no different at all! Very nice and social people :) Its good to see my parents have friends outside family and church. Not that there is anything wrong with just family and church friends, but I think its good to have some people freshen the pot now and then, know what I mean?

Looks like we'll be going to Lake Chelan over Labor Day weekend. I'm glad we were able to finally get a date somewhat set in stone. Uncle Greg left a message for the Newmans early this week saying that if they didn't call us back, we'd assume it was ok for us to go Labor Day weekend. Haven't called back yet, so we think by tomorrow we can assume its good.

Grandpa & Grammy said that they will be back second week of August. I'm soooooo thrilled to hear this. I've missed them like crazy this trip, and I'm hoping they'll feel up to going to Chelan with us. Its always fun to have lots of people there, because then someone always is available to play games, go swimming, talk, etc with you. Besides, the more people that come, the less work it will be for us to watch Ethan. Just kidding... (not really) ;)

No comments: