Friday, July 29, 2005

Ethan tried to wake us up at 4am, much to our dismay. I decided I could not deal with getting up this early, so I went in there, made sure his diaper was ok, gave the bink, restarted the music and left. He cried for about 30 seconds and then, much to our surprise, he went back to sleep (and slept till 8!). Thank you Jesus! Of course, then Gwen was awake for a feeding, but she is easy to settle down :)

I felt like making a carrot cake today, which is strange because I'm not generally a big fan of carrot cake. But for some reason, the thought of a carrot cake with ice cold cream cheese frosting sounded very good. The cake was a little sunken in the middle... not sure why that is. I may have over-blended it, since this recipe calls for using a food processor to mix the batter.

Jason came home early today, since he'll be working tomorrow. As soon as he got home, I took off for the store. I needed to get away, and, (though I didn't tell Jason this) I wanted to buy some clothes! The only pair of 'summer' pants that fit are my capris and I needed at least one other thing to wear, particularly when we go to Chelan and laundry is not easy to do. I came home with three things that I'm quite happy with. Didn't hurt that everything was on clearance either!

For dinner, I made Stir-Fried Pork, Eggplant, and Onions with Garlic and Black Pepper for dinner. Long name for a fairly simple dish. I've never used eggplant before, but now I wonder why... Its basically tasteless (kinda like zucchini) and takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it in. Completely non-offensive. I shall use it again. Ethan, still not feeling up to his usual gluttonous self, only wanted rice. Therefore, I felt beholden to eat his portion and now regret eating as much as I did. Bleh

He's doing a lot better, though still not his regular self. I've been giving him half breastmilk, half milk in his morning/evening bottle and that seems to be helping a bit.

Gwennie has been growing by leaps and bounds. She can hold her chest off the ground, and is pretty close to figuring out how to roll over. She can get the lower half going, but still hasn't figured out how to move the arms. She talks and babbles all the time, and is generally very easy to please. She responds to just about anything with a huge smile. Lately, she's been grabbing at faces, and many times when I'm breastfeeding her, a hand will come flying up and land on my chin and she'll give me a little grin of mischief. She's gonna be trouble when she's grown up :D

No comments: