Thursday, July 28, 2005

We were woken by our dear son at 5am this morning. He had diarrhea :( Poor baby. I have to admit that I was an super-cranky Mommy and snapped at him when I went to get him (before I knew he had the diaper problem). I'm just so dead tired and my patience has worn away.

I've tried to keep fluids in him, but he wasn't interested. I tried all sorts of things, including breastmilk that I had pumped. He actually liked it, but still didn't want to drink much of anything. Luckily, he's still in fine spirits and full of mischief, so we know he must be ok :)

My Mom IM'd me and asked when my doctor appointment was and could she come over? Not being one to keep my Mom away, I said yes :) She arrived about 10 min before I left and she cleaned the house top to bottom (including putting away my laundry) before I got home an hour later.

The doctor, unfortunately, didn't have too much to tell me. She did say that she believes the incident on Tuesday was migraine related, and not stroke or symptom of something else. If it had been a stroke, I would have lost consciousness, or experienced more physical signs like paralysis. She recommended that I see a neurologist. She brought up a good point that the head bashing that occurred like 3 years ago when I slept walked could be causing these instances to be worse, which makes sense. Prior to that, I don't recall ever seeing auras or having random dizzy spells like I'm having now. I wish that she would have been able to diagnose and give me medications NOW, but I can also understand that a neurologist is a good step considering that the head injury could be part of it. Various doctors have been recommending that I do it for years. So, I will need to make an appointment here in the next couple weeks.

I say next couple weeks because next weekend is the church campout (which, if you know me, you'll know I'll need the entire week to prepare!) and then that Sunday, Jason leaves for a conference in San Francisco for 5 days! I will be staying with my Mom for at least some of the days. If the kids and I start wearing out our welcome, we'll come back here and I'll just drug myself to sleep every night... though Becki just called and told me that she'd be willing to stay with me. Awww, she's so sweet!

My eating habits have been dreadful the past couple days. With the stress and exhaustion, I've been not watching portions and eating a lot of crap. I'm scared to step on the scale! Maybe once I get a good nights sleep in I'll feel ready to start dealing with that again.

My Grammy sent me the sweetest little note the other day about being a Mom and making time for things that are important. Grammy, thank you! I do have to say though that for me cooking nice meals every night is not a burden, its a stress reliever (generally). Its my time to be away from the kids and do something I really love. But your points were well taken. Thank you for taking the time to 'grandparent' us, even when you're so far away.

I put up a few new videos on our site of the kids doing random things.

No comments: