Monday, July 11, 2005

I think I say I'm exhausted in nearly every blog entry. Not being one to break a habit easily... I'M SOOOOO TIRED! Truthfully, I am though.

Gwen and I woke up at about 6. I fed her, but was still dead tired so tried to go back to sleep. She wouldn't have it, but I wasn't ready to get up, so I ended up laying her on top of me and that did the trick. Next thing I know its 9am! I've realized that sleeping in this late does nothing but throw off your groove for the rest of the day. By the time we got our breakfast done it was like 10:30 and I didn't even get my coffee until after 12! I managed to get a shower in, sweep, make a pineapple upside down cake (which was very good) but nothing else. When Jason got home I decided to blow my 3rd day of dieting and go to King Charley's off HWY 9. They just have the BEST burgers. So good. We stopped at the library too and this time I managed not to make a fool of myself, or take 20 min to check out :)

I started one of the new books already... Its called, 'Being Dead is No Excuse: The official Southern Ladies Guide to Hosting the Perfect Funeral'. Yes, strange, but quite funny. Its about the Southern culture surrounding death, funerals and the food that goes along with them.

Tomorrow Mom is coming out here to go walking, then will watch the kids while I run to Costco to get some doggie food and return Jason's monitor. Have I mentioned recently what a blessing my family is? How incredibly grateful we are that they willingly watch our kids and dogs whenever we ask AND do nice things like clean our house or burn our crap? We owe them big time for all that they do for us.

I decided to cancel the research study for Gwen this week. Frankly, I'm too mentally wore out right now and since there isn't any huge financial incentive to go, why bother, unless I'm really up for it? I do want to do it, so next time they call I'll go, but just too weary right now.

My computer time has skyrocketed lately. I am now moderator of the breastfeeding forum on the message board I visit and while there is really nothing for me to moderate (everyone is so polite!) its made me visit the boards WAY too much and it just eats up my time like crazy. I'm having to actually resist visiting any of my websites until Ethans first nap just so I can get stuff done.

No comments: