Sunday, July 24, 2005

Some days, even if you do nearly nothing, end up draining you more than the busiest days.

Really didn't do much... I made some foccacia. The lovely, heavenly foccacia that I adore so much. Crisp and salty on the outside, tender and light on the inside and just about the best thing you could ever eat. I had to move it out of my presence because I swear I could down it all in like an hour, no problem.

I had some shoulder pain and a headache all day, which made everything more difficult than it had to be. Also, Gwendolyn decided that she was not going to sleep more than 5 minutes at a time. She did take her morning nap, but did not sleep between 12 and 9pm. Just a bit ago I got her to fall asleep, finally. Ethan was teething something fierce and was very grumpy.

We had a Spiced Pork Tenderloin for dinner, along with some garlicky spinach thrown together from frozen spinach and minced garlic. Also had some of the foccacia with it. Very good, but due to poor Ethans hurting mouth, he only nibbled on some bread. Poor little guy :(

I'd not made a pork tenderloin before, but was very impressed! Its as lean as chicken breast, but exceedingly tender. You cook it just to about medium so as to not dry it out, and it has a very pleasant porky flavor. Two come to a pack, so I think I may grill the other one tomorrow or maybe stir-fry it.

So it is settled! Lake Chelan, Sept 1-6. Yay! It should be fun. I was shocked to hear that no one had been over there since November, since the weather had been so nice this spring. Gosh, if it were my cabin, I'd be over there ALL the time and making all sorts of improvements. I think its important for us to go because we don't know how long it will be available, and I want Ethan and Gwen to build as many memories as possible (even if its only through pictures) of that place. It was so special to me growing up... Many fond memories of summers and winters there. It really does break my heart to think of Ethan and Gwen not having memories of that place. *sniff*

anyhow, I looked up a pic from Chelan last year. Ethan was 5 months.















Well, I surely have a lot of work to do tomorrow. The house really did not get cleaned at all (besides the kitchen) this weekend, so toys are everywhere, and it needs to be swept badly. I'm rather bummed that I didn't get lots of stuff done. For instance, today, I wanted to finish laundry, sweep, vacuum, mow the front yard, mow the back yard, wash my windows and install a few more baby latches. But, for various reasons (laziness in some part) none of those things got done. Its frustrating! All that gets done is the same boring stuff (sweep, vacuum, mop, dishwasher) and there is never time for the other stuff. Blah.

No comments: