Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Last couple days have been tough. Bad headaches, dizzy spells and a general feeling of malaise. Top it all off with bad sleep and I'm not a happy Mommy. Ethan, and I think Gwen, are teething and its been rough.

Today, I went out to my Mom's and on the way I started having vision distortions. This particular type I've had before... Its blank spots in my vision (i.e. if I move my head, an object will disappear) along with a thick fuzzy line across what I could see. I stopped at McDonalds for lunch and when it was my turn to order, I couldn't speak. It was bizarre. I waited there and was thinking, "Speak already... say you want a chicken sandwich' but nothing would come out. I managed to squeak out the number of the meal I wanted, but had similar issues with ordering Ethans food. At one point I needed to say 'orange juice' and I couldn't say orange. I even pictured an orange in my head, and the color orange and even looked at the word orange, but my mouth wouldn't say it. When I tried to say 'Coke' I kept saying 'coach'. I said it like 5 times trying to get it right, but it never came out correctly. I think the poor order taker thought I was mentally impaired!

I basically cried the entire way to my Mom's because I was rather frightened and feeling so discouraged. Then, of course, I dropped my sandwich on my pants, which left two huge stains and made me cry harder.

Long story short, I left my Mom's feeling a wee bit better, but on the way home I made a doctors appointment. I don't like the idea that I couldn't speak. That really worries me. Along with the dizziness and vision problems, I need to get things looked at. I'm going in on Thursday to see what the deal is.

Jason's out late tonight at an M's game... He got to use a suite provided by one of his vendors, and it sounds like he's having a good time. Of course, this means I'm home alone and will probably be thoroughly scared by the time he gets home. Or maybe not. I'm so exhausted that I think I could lay down on the floor and fall dead asleep.

Please send prayers and kind thoughts our way. I'm so discouraged and feeling worn down right now. The daily grind is really taking its toll on me the last couple days.

Oh, yesterday Gwen was 3 months. Can't hardly believe it. Here's a pic I took of her and one of Ethan too, for good measure.

No comments: