Sunday, July 17, 2005

Yesterday we went to the Mariners game and had a great time. Shelly came at 4 to watch Ethan, and we went to Jasons work first, so he could switch out some hard-drives. From there, we cruised down I-90 and into the stadium with an hour to spare. Because we knew we'd be leaving early (and we had Gwen), we parked in the garage right across the street instead of some far-flung lot a mile away.

We grabbed some food inside Safeco (J had Korean BBQ beef, and I stir-fry noodles. 'Twas edible, but not great). We found our seats, which were quite good. Right behind home plate, 30 rows back. We sat next to two old guys, who thought Gwen was the cutest thing. She really flirted with them too... She'd tilt her head down then gaze up at them through her long eyelashes. She learned from her Mommy already ;)

I nursed once, before the game started, with no incident. However, after the game started and the older guys came, we were rather squished and there was no way, even if I hadn't wanted to retain a semblance of modesty, that I could nurse! So, I headed off to the family restroom, which had a "chair for nursing". Well, this restroom was disgusting, but indeed, it had a chair for nursing! When I first got there, the bathroom was occupied. I waited outside, and lady and her son came in line behind me. I couldn't hardly stop staring at this boy. He looked EXACTLY like Ethan, but about 6 years older. He had the same hair, the same large eyes, and the little bow shaped mouth. It was unreal.

Anyway, I nurse, and walk out the door to go back to our seats. As soon as I come out of the door I hear someone yell, 'Kristi!!!'. I turn around and there, to my amazement are two ladies I used to work with at Infopop... Jenny and Natalia. It was sooooo good to see them. I hadn't seen Jenny since October, and Natalia waaaay before that, since she had left to study in Spain 2(?) years ago. Natalia had her Spanish boyfriend with her, who seemed quite nice. They oohed and ahhhed over Gwen and even took pictures of us :) It really was so great to see them. They had been strolling around the lower level and Jenny just happened to see me out of the corner of her eye. Good times.

We left at the 8th inning and were able to get out of the parking garage and back home without a bit of traffic. The M's ended up winning too!

Today we got to sleep in (yesterday Ethan awoke at 6) a bit. We had biscuits and gravy for breakfast (J and E's fav!). Its a heavy breakfast, so it kinda slowed us down... I did manage to haul myself outside and weedwhack and mow the front lawn. Our backyard has returned to jungle status, so Jason will try and tackle that tomorrow (it needs at least two days to dry out after a rain because its so long). For lunch we had egg salad sandwiches. Ethan still wouldn't eat it, or some pickles, so... I had to give him a large dish of broccoli. He just loves that stuff, and I love that he loves it. For dinner I made an interesting dish called BLT Bowties. It had bow-tie pasta, tossed with canned tomatoes, green onions, bacon, basil and arugula (but I used spinach cuz J doesn't like arugula). It was quite good actually.

I've been having trouble sleeping at night. About every other night I have to take a Tylenol PM to help me sleep. I just cannot stop thinking 'scary' things. Someone breaking in, someone hurting us, etc. Don't even like having the back door open when I can't see it because I'm afraid that someone will jump the fence, get past the dogs and into the house without me knowing. I've always had these fears, but they have gotten worse and worse over the past year or so. For instance, last night, after we were in bed, Jason's cell rang. This was at 11pm so it surprised us. He couldn't find the phone in time, but the person didn't leave a message. Ok, no big deal, probably wrong number... But then, about 30 min later, our home phone rings but no message left. So this freaks me out. We haven't gotten a call after 9pm in like years, and yet we get two (with no message left, from people we don't know) in one night? It could be completely coincidental, but it terrified me so completely that I was nearly shaking. Poor Jason was quite irritated I must say :)

No comments: