Saturday, July 30, 2005

I almost feel as if I shouldn't blog anymore until I'm in a better mood. It may sound like I'm crabby 24/7, but really, there are good stretches through the day where I'm happy, good-natured and playful. Unfortunately, those times don't stick out in my mind so much, and the unhappy stuff gets recorded here. But I assure you, I am happy and in a good mood a good amount of time :D

So, Ethan was up at 6 again. Jason left early for work and Ethan woke up right after he left. Tomorrow, I'm putting a fan in his room to create some white noise, and hopefully help him sleep longer. When he gets up that early, everyone suffers.

From the moment I got up, my vision was being wacky again. I took half a Labetalol to try and stop the headache I knew was coming, but it didn't work. The entire day it felt like a hot poker was stuck right behind my right eye. Nothing helped it. Luckily, it started easing off late this afternoon, and I feel almost normal now. What I would do for an effective pain-killer! I'm almost tempted to call Becki and see if she can get my OB to write me a prescription for Vicodin, since these Percosets just mess me up and my neurologist appointment won't be for a bit.

I started taking this herbal supplement called Fenugreek. Its supposedly very helpful for increasing milk supply. A side effect is that you smell like maple syrup. I kid you not. Its not the worst thing in the world to smell like at all, and maybe I'll be able to save on deodorant... just kidding ;) Seriously though, there is definitely the smell of maple syrup surrounding me. Mmmm... pancakes.

Today I ran back out to FM to exchange a pair of pants I bought the previous day. I accidentally picked up the wrong size. While I was there, I got Ethan two pair of jammies, since he's nearly grown out of his current stuff. I also got him the cutest little hat. Its a John Deere hat. I did not know this, but there is quite a bit of John Deere stuff for little boys! I probably wouldn't have gotten him a John Deere hat had there been others there, but since there weren't, and with all this sun Ethan needed protection, there ya go.

Here's a pic of him in one of his new jammies, and in the hat. Note that both are out of focus. That is because my little monkey-butt doesn't sit still for more than 1 second!





















Much to my dismay the two new sets of jammies just fit him now. They'll probably last another month or two at most. Good thing I got them on clearance! Its really hard for me to imagine him needing bigger than a 2T, but this kid is just growing like a weed!

It was scorching hot, so we had Tuna fish sammiches for dinner. My carrot cake is even better the day after :)

Oh, yesterday, my Dad stopped by and picked up all the crap that had been sitting in our garage for like forever. There is now a big empty space... which we can fill up with more junk ;)

During the days, I have all these public service announcement that I want to share with ya'll, but by the time it comes to write my blog, I'm too tired to do so. Here is the short version:

Baby Formula is scary. The marketing and manufacturing of it is scary. Seriously. After stumbling across information inadvertently, then doing some research, I will not give any kid of mine formula unless 100% absolutely necessary.

It is no ones business how many kids we have, and how close they are together. Do not assume that I'm 1) irresponsible or 2) stupid because my children are 13 months apart, OR because I plan on having more. For all my little complaints, having children is a whole lotta fun and if I want 15 of them (I don't, butjust saying), that's my own darn business. Since when did children become such a negative thing, and since when did strangers, or nearly strangers, think it ok to share their ignorant thoughts on the matter with me?

Ah hem, that is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
first of all I want to tell you that I love your blogs and would just hate it if you quit them :( They give me a peek inside my grandbabies life...I love hearing about them and your day. Also I don't think they are negative...When people journal or keep a diary it is usually the trails of the day that come to mind and writing about them is a very healthy way to vent.Maybe someone will hear what you are dealing with and offer some GOOD advise. As far as the negative comments... just ignore them or chalk it up to them not understanding, having not walked in your shoes.

I also want to tell you how much I admire you, Having had two children two years apart I have a fague Idea how much of a challenge you are faced with every day. And I have to say you do a wonderful job of it, I don't think I could have. You are a wonderful mommy :)I could not have picked a better mommy for my grandchildren,. I really mean this kristi. I do however give some credit to Jason. I know how much he helps you when he can. but I know that most of it is put on you.

One last thing as far as you having more children well you have to know I would love it :) and if any one could raise 15 or more children it would be you and Jason. I love you honey. Don't give a second thought to stupid people with stupid comments. It's none of their business!