Monday, December 19, 2005

I'll type more later, but here is a pic of Ethan with his beloved sleeping bag he got from Les & Karen.



And here are two pics of the poncho I made for Gwen. Came out really good, though my seaming still needs a good amount of work.





Later, at 8:45pm

I'm still struggling with this nasty bug. My congestion level improves each day, but I have these crazy bouts of overwhelming nausea and my stomach aches from time to time. Sorta feel like I may have a touch of the flu. Hope it clears up by Christmas because I want to eat and play with freedom!

Today was slow and restless day. Both kids slept all through the night last night which was great. Didn't even have to get them up till 7:40, although we were all awake before that.

I haven't walked since Thursday as I felt too sick. I miss it and the time it took out of our day... our afternoons seem longer without the walk.

For dinner we had a potato and cheese soup with salad and bread. It was ok. I don't know if it was me being congested or what, but it tasted rather bland.

Ethan has been smothering poor Gwen with love lately. He hugs her, he flops on her, he kisses her. Just tonight, we were cuddling on the floor together and he wanted Gwen to join us, so he went over there and tried to pull her across the floor. As you can imagine, she did not enjoy this attempt!

We've also introduced Ethan to the joy of "Ring around the rosie" which he wants to repeat over and over again. Be warned, any who start this activity with him!

Gwen can now pull herself to a stand and is doing it all over the place. In cribs, on toys, everywhere! She is also saying Mama and seems to identify Ethan as Baba. Her creeping is amazingly fast and any day she'll get those knees underneath and be off.

Shelly is coming tomorrow to watch the kids while I take a quick sanity break. Gonna run to Michaels or JoAnnes and get some yarn for my next project and check out Pal-Do World (huge Asian food market in Lynnwood) to see about finding my roast for Christmas. I'm thinking of doing 24 hour pork which is fantabulous if you can find the right kind of meat which is hard to do because everyone wants lean, bland, flavorless pork these days. I recall looking for this cut a couple years ago with two of my co-workers in tow. I swear we hit every single supermarket and gourmet foods place in Queen Anne with NO luck. Good times.

Anyway, should scurry off to bed.

No comments: