Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Today was full of bumps and bruises.

This morning I was trying to be responsible and put away my laundry BEFORE my Mom came over (poor thing ends up putting away all my laundry every single Thursday) and Ethan was on the bed playing. He needed to get down, so I was helping him but our hands slipped and he knocked his head on the bed rails. He hit right in the corner of his right eye, which now has a big bruise around it.

Later, when Gwen woke up from her morning nap I went in there to get her and noticed that she had pulled herself up to her knees against the side of the bassinet insert and had one leg up... she was nearly standing. As the bassinet insert leaves maybe 4-6 inches from the top of the pen, she could have easily toppled out. I grabbed her and made a mental note to remove the bassinet portion before her next nap.

Well, of course I forgot. Hence during her second nap, right after I put her down, she stood up and fell out. Poor thing! Jason had just got home and needless to say he was not pleased with my forgetfulness! Luckily she was ok and we took out the bassinet and all is good :)

Despite the rain, we went walking today. Or at least did a little walking. As I was putting the kids in the stroller, I noticed a white car rolling slowly down the street. I thought it odd, but didn't give it much thought. As we walked down to the mailbox, I saw the white car idling in the street. Not in front of any particular house, just in the street. As I came into view, they sped away. So this made me a little uncomfortable. It was just odd. The car circled around again, slowly. I told myself if I saw it again I would turn around and go home because it was just weird. Well, as I started down the next street, I saw the car coming slowly towards us. I stopped, the car stopped, and I turned right around and headed back to our house. The car turned around and drove away. Don't know... could be just a strange fluke but I always want to trust my instincts when it comes to thing like that. Which reminds me, I want some Mace! Situations like the above are exactly why I've been so reluctant to walk around the neighborhood by myself.

I had bad nausea during the afternoon and didn't eat much all day. We had mac & cheese (blech) which I did eat some of, just because I had to have something in my tummy or I'd get a headache. I wish whatever is causing me these bouts of sickness would just go away!

No comments: