Monday, December 12, 2005

We are still alive, but just barely. Still slogging through this seemingly endless cold. I finally succumbed to it a few days ago. Its not too bothersome for me, but today I've had that tightness in the chest that makes even breathing painful. Ugh.

Today we went for our daily walk, but I reversed my normal direction which means fairly steep hill at the beginning, long gradual downhill section then another steep hill section at the end. It was worlds harder than the way I had been doing it... two downhills and a long gradual incline. I don't' know if it was the cold or the walk, but I was sore from head to toe late this afternoon.

Gwen is scooting around like crazy. She's pretty darn fast too. Today she actually cruised a bit... from my leg to the couch, so she's getting those legs used to walking!

Ethan's vocabulary is continuing to explode. He repeats much of what I say (gotta watch myself now!) and is always pointing out things. His first words book is barely holding together from all the use he's giving it.

He woke up super cranky from his afternoon nap and dinner only made it worse. He screamed all through bath (unheard of for him!) and we had to do two time-outs for throwing and screaming fits. Finally we were able to distract him and he rolled around with Daddy on the air mattresses for a long time. He ended the night happily... asking US to put him to bed. Gotta love that!

Jason just returned home from getting us some McFlurries. Yum. Its dreadful that I have such an addiction to them, but after a stressful night with Ethan, ice cream seemed like the only solution.

For dinner, we had a tasty pasta and sausage dish... Called simply enough, "Sausage Pasta". I didn't have the frozen spinach it called for (strange, because I always have frozen spinach!) so I used a bag of frozen bell pepper strips, that I cut into bite size pieces. Fast, filling and better than fast food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. I don't think I can handle dealing with two, count them two, rambunctious children all day.


You DESERVE your ice cream. Holy cow...heh, pun.


<3 M