Wednesday, May 07, 2008

We're in the clear. All healthy. Not even runny noses (that hasn't happened since last year sometime). Thanks the heavens, thanks the heavens.

Despite our improved health, I'm having a hard time catching up with things. I'm wearing out so quickly. I have a 1,001 things running around in my mind that need to be done and I get almost nothing accomplished every day. Frustrating. I need to hire an assistant. Someone who is willing to clean out my fridge, look for the pack 'n play parts, vacuum out my car. Someone who will, oh this would be nice, put away all the laundry! I'm a great washer and dryer... its the putting away part that gets me. I'm a bit anxious about going into labor and my house being embarrassingly cluttered.

The kids are highly impatient for the baby now. They ask me nearly every day if this is the day the baby will come out. I have an appointment tomorrow and they want to know if THAT is when the baby will come home, since I'm going to the hospital. I tell them that we'll have to wait and see, but oh man, how I wish the day would come. I'm ready to be able to roll over in bed without pain or big productions. I'm WAY ready for the heartburn to stop. Pregnancy has never agreed with me from an emotional or practical standpoint. In and of itself, I don't really get much from it. I feel way worse than I usually do and it seems like a very long endurance race. I envy women who enjoy every moment. That is just not me.

On a related note, did you know that cabbage is known to help with heartburn? The last two days have been excruciating for me. I happened to have some red cabbage in the crisper and googled it to make sure that it wouldn't make my heartburn worse. Imagine my surprise to read that it actually can help a great deal! I braised it with some cream and hit it with a splash (ONLY A SPLASH) of wine vinegar for lift at the end and it tasted great. Not only that, but after I nibbled on some raw cabbage while prepping, my heartburn went away and didn't return the entire night. For the first time in probably months I didn't have to take Tums or Maalox. Half the cabbage is left and I'm going to nibble on some every day.

Off to start my day. I have exceedingly simple goals. To make the house decent for Grammy tomorrow. Lets see if I can do it!

1 comment:

DARALYN said...

That is wonderful about cabbage! Going to make sure the girls are aware of it's benefits!

So glad the end is in sight and a baby is soon to be in your arms!

Love you!