Friday, May 30, 2008

Today was Elsa's 2 week checkup. The pediatrician thought that she was doing just stellar!

She weighed 8lbs, 2 oz (that's back to her birth weight plus 1 oz) and is 20 1/2 inches long (that's 1/2 inch over birth length).

That was pretty much it... Oh, despite my worries about someone giving me a hard time about delaying the PKU, no one has. The hospital was like, "Sign here, no problem" and we had the test done at her first pediatrician appointment. It was so calm and peaceful. She didn't even wake up, and she bled very very well, allowing them to get a great sample unlike with the previous two kids who wouldn't bleed and it ended up in screaming babies and bruised feet and having to come back for repeated tries :(

Today they asked if I wanted the second draw done and I declined and that was that. No fuss, no muss. I feel lucky to have this pediatrician. She's so low key and she appreciates that we do our research before making decisions.

No comments: