Saturday, October 15, 2005

After a dreadful night last night (up many times), we had a good day.

I went out and did some grocery shopping. Michelle was coming over and I wanted to make a big meal. I made a big pot roast in my slow cooker, and whipped up an apple crisp for dessert.

Shelly arrived and it was so good to see her! She played with the kids and Gwen just loved her Auntie :)

I invited Mom and Dad (who were at the church gathering firewood) to come join us for dinner and they did so. We all ate and visited and played with the kids (who were in excellent moods) and had a very good time.

Gwen is now doing a military creep... backwards :) Just today we really noticed her doing it. We'd set her down on her tummy and next time we glanced at her she'd be off her blanket! She can move pretty fast when she's focused. Must be irritating because she's trying to go forward, but keeps moving away from her goal! I still think this girl will be walking before a year, easy.

Ethan has been having a bit of a diaper rash, so I've been letting him run around without a diaper. Today I got him some little boxer-briefs to wear so that just in case he did do something, there would be something there to catch it. It also makes our informal potty training efforts easier. He looks ADORABLE in these undies. Take a look.


















(check out the buddha belly)
I've been letting him run around without a diaper for a couple hours at a time with NO accidents, until tonight when he did go potty. I think this was my fault tho, as I didn't try to get him to go before or after his bath, as I normally would. This indicates to me that he's pretty capable of holding it.

We just layed the kids down and are hoping and praying for a good nights sleep. At this point, 1 waking per child is considered a good sleep!

Due to all the stress here, Jason and I are kinda at each others throats a lot. Its very hard to be sleep deprived and dealing with the kids/work all day. Some days we barely say 10 words to each other it seems.

No comments: