Thursday, October 20, 2005

Today was the cooking class and it was very interesting. It was not what I expected and exactly what I expected, if that makes any sense.

It wasn't really hands on. We sat in front of their cooking kiosk (complete with plasma screen and nicely set tables with flatware). There were about 12 people there, though 19 were registered. Everyone knew someone... most came in pairs. None appeared to be stay at home Moms. Two were elderly women, two were co-workers from a nearby office, one was an aspiring chef, 4 were visiting from England and I'm not sure what they were doing here. The only person who was alone was 'creepy guy'. He was maybe late teens or early 20's and very... eww. Just strange, and totally not a person I was interested in being friendly with.

There were three people leading the class. One was a semi-famous sausage maker originally from Germany. He told us a very funny story about Emeril came to meet him and film a bit in his sausage factory and how he travels with 3 bodyguards. I totally see Emeril as someone who would not have bodyguards. The other two leaders were extremely familiar looking to me. Given their backgrounds, which were high level in big restaurants and food companies, perhaps I'd seen them on FoodTv in the past or something. It was amazing how these people came to work for Central Market and were soooooo into the store. They really loved their jobs. I found out that this store also has a culinary education department. I totally dig this store.

We made two full meals. Jaegersnitzel with spatzel and veg and saurbraten with cabbage and red apples. Homemade strudel for dessert. If you were forward enough, they totally let you help out. Creepy guy did a few times. I didn't have the guts, but maybe next time. We didn't actually make everything that was on the schedule... AND we ran an hour late :) They fully admitted that they are still working out the kinks. I think I'll be going to more classes. They were entertaining.

Mom, Aaron, Jenni and Becki all came over and watched the kids while I was gone. By the time I got back, Becki had already left so I didn't get a chance to say thanks (thanks Becki!) for the beautiful job they did on cleaning my house. It looks so nice! Thanks to you too Mom and Jenni. Aaron, you did a great job on the yard and I know you worked SO hard. Thank you :)

Ok, thank you's are done... I need to get to bed.

No comments: