Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Yay, I have a lovely new smooth, un-crumbed keyboard again. Ah, the joys of typing with keys :)

Tonight I made Beef Daube, Provencal. Its basically a French style beef stew. It has nicoise olives, orange zest, anchovies and a whole bottle of wine in it. Unorthodox ingredients for a beef stew! It came out good. Different than what you would imagine beef stew to taste like, but good.

Jason is leaving tomorrow for Cincinnati to install some servers. Well, that is if the servers show up. They're two days late now... Not good for things that cost $20,000 each! I'll be staying at my Mom's so who knows if I'll have time to post.

Gwendolyn has been sleeping better, thank God. This means I'm in a much better mood overall.

I'm also kinda excited because I've registered for a cooking class! When we were out on Sunday (oh, we went to a movie, Serenity, on Sunday. Twas good), we stopped by my favorite grocery store, Central Market. They had a little advertisement for cooking classes, run by Cascadia Community College. I checked out their schedule and signed up for one to start. If I like it, I'll do more.

I was bummed cuz the first one is on Thursday for Sushi, but it was too late for me to register for that one. The one I did get was Bavarian Cooking, which should be interesting. There are like 8-9 classes total and you just register for the ones you want. Should be fun!

No comments: