Thursday, October 13, 2005

We had a truly truly horrible night last night. It started off well, though J and I were so pooped that we were in bed by 9. Gwen started waking up, then Ethan started waking up. Repeat that about 100 times. Oh, and then Gwen decides that she MUST sleep in our arms. Not in our bed, not in her bed, in our arms. She could be sleeping for an hour in our arms and we would oh so gently lay her down and the head would pop up and she would start crying. I reached the complete end of my rope. I was yelling and cussing and stomping around. As I've said many many times in the past, sleep deprivation (this time, spanning many days) makes me a monster. Its not pretty. My issues last night made Jason force me into seeing a doctor about PPD and some potential treatment options. And here I thought things were getting better.

One of the things keeping Ethan up last night was his cough. We ended up taking him into the doctor today to have it looked at. This was the first time EVER we've had to bring him in outside of his well-child visits. We are proud of that! The doctor thinks its just the remnant of a virus. If he still has problems in a few weeks, we should bring him back in.

While we were waiting for Jason to arrive at the doctors, Ethan and I played outside in the leaves. He was quite enthralled and excited to kick through the leaves and then did his typical Ethan thing and picked them up and brought them to the other side of the sidewalk... Over and over again. The boy likes to move things from pile to pile :)

Hopefully we'll get some better sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o_o



You need a day off. I'm ABSOLUTELY babysitting this Saturday.



And that's final.


<3
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Just think how Debbie fealt raising all of you :). I think I am really enjoying reading all of your blogs, it's interesting peeking into your life like this..