Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Today Gwen is 6 months. Can't believe it! She's maturing so fast. I didn't say grow because she's not growing so fast :) Here are her stats:

Length: 25 3/4 inches (50%)
Weight: 12lbs, 14.5 oz (-5%)

No folks, that's not a typo. Gwennie is in the -5% for weight! Her pediatrician is not concerned. Its obvious that Gwennie-pooh is thriving and growing, meeting every milestone and even getting ahead on some. She's just a petite little thing. We've decided that we can't call her 'peanut' anymore because she's too small. Sesame seed seems to fit :) I also noticed today that her eyes are still a denim blue. Starting to think that they will not change. Ethans were well into green/brown at this stage, but, little sesame seed has been so different than her brother, who knows!

After Gwens appt, I had my appt with the OB about the depression thing. We had a nice chat about things that were going on and I was very frank with her. I got a little choked up. Its hard for me to talk face to face with someone about the specifics, and I very much wanted her to know EVERYTHING about how I was acting and feeling. We discussed the specifics: was it to a point where I felt physically dragged down by the depression or was it still on an emotional and mental level? Was I anxious or more sad? These types of things. Finally, she concluded that Zoloft would be the best choice based on my particular symptoms. She did say (and I fully agree) that the best remedy is to get consistent sleep. However, that is simply not going to be an option for a bit. Bless her heart, she cleared out every single sample in the office and gave it to me so I wouldn't have to fill a prescription. I got 12 weeks of samples! It will take about 15-30 days to see results.

Mom was sweet enough to tidy the house for my return. She is my lifesaver!

For dinner, I was rather inspired. I made homemade fettucine (I always forget how darn easy it is to make fresh pasta, especially with my KitchenAid) and had it with a delicious Chicken and Bell Pepper Cream Sauce. Bad for the diet, oh so good for the tastebuds :)

No comments: