Thursday, October 27, 2005

Today I gave Ethan a haircut. He was fairly well behaved. I however completely suck at giving haircuts! As you can see, I got carried away in the back...



and then I tried to get fancy and use the clippers, which resulted in me taking out a huge chunk of hair (well, he DID move)...


Overall its not too bad, but I'm obviously still a rookie.

Jason stayed home today to build his new computer (he did work too). I won't go into specifics, but this computer has been a whole lot of hassle from the get go. Something was broken on delivery, parts don't fit like they should, etc. Usually he can put these together in about 20 min and this has taken ALL day and he's still not done.

I'm on day two of Zoloft. So far no change, except that my appetite seems to have decreased. Everything I've read said that anti-depressants can cause weight gain, but hey, if I lose some appetite, I'm totally cool with it.

I made some bread today. I had high hopes for it. Alas, it started badly because (I thought) it rose so perfectly, then I went to slash the top and it turns out what I thought was a rise was actually just a big air bubble. Due to other things needing the oven, I had to put it in anyway. Then it burned. I'm not sure how it burned... the oven was correct... but it ended up getting very dark and being done temperature wise 10 min early. It resembles a heavy, dark, thick Frisbee. The taste is ok. It would probably make excellent breadcrumbs or crutons. Nothing pisses me off more than dumping 4 cups of flour and high hopes into bread and having it end up worse than something you would buy. Just looking at the darn thing on the counter makes me feel indignant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, like...what's up with my nephew's hair? o_o



<3 Shelly

Anonymous said...

Oh man, honey...I needed a good laugh and my sweet grandson (and daughter)has provided it. Don't feel bad; I massacred Michael's hair many times until I got the hang of it...and even then, mistakes happen. :-)
Love you,
Mom