Friday, October 07, 2005

Gah. We are exhausted. Jason came home today and we left Mom's, made a stop at the mall, then came home. All of us arrived at the same time, which was convenient.

Unfortunately, neither the kids or I slept at all at my Mom's. If it wasn't some dog barking constantly, it was Gwen waking up every hour, and Ethan waking up every hour or so complaining cuz Gwen was waking him up. I do not know if I got more than 2 hours of sleep in a row those two nights.

When we got home, both kids were completely worn out (they missed their morning nap) and massively cranky. Ethan went to bed, but Gwen refused to sleep. Her screaming and crying got so bad that I took her for a car ride, something we've never had to do before. She was in a better mood when we returned, and did end up taking a 30 min nap. However, once Ethan woke up he was a terror until we put him to bed. The worst I've seen him behaved, EVER.

The reason they missed their morning nap was because of this...















Can you see them? :) We got her birthstone, which is diamond (lucky girl!). She did ok... cried hard, but not for very long. We had quite an audience while it was being done, and everyone oohed and ahhed afterwards.

Jason was a sweetie and got me a cookbook while he was in Cincinnati. Isn't that nice? Its one that I had wanted, but he didn't even know that... Just a lucky guess! I made dinner from it tonight. Crispy chicken strips with a honey-mustard dipping sauce. Num.

Too tired to type more, though there is lots to say. I'll try to remember for tomorrow :) Off to bed.... and hopefully some sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love them! Though they're small, they look pretty good-sized on little Gwen. That picture speaks a thousand words.
Love,
Grammy