Saturday, October 22, 2005

Last night was bad. Both Jason and I went to bed later than usual. Gwen woke before I'd even gone to sleep and wouldn't go back to sleep for about two hours. So, at about 2:30am we finally got to sleep... till 5:45am when Gwen decides she's up for good. We lolled around in bed as long as we could, till about 7.

Gwen also did not sleep during her morning nap, at all. Ethan however slept like a rock. The hardest I've ever seen him sleep I think. We even went in there to wake him and he would not wake! We rubbed his back, said his name, nothing. He was out like a light. After 4.5 hour nap we finally pried him awake so we could go to the pumpkin patch.

We went to this place out in Snohomish (a part I'd never been too). It was a real, working farm and there were lots of people there. You could pick a pumpkin from a big pile or hop on a hay ride over to the U-Pick. We did that and Ethan had a great time running through the field. He fell a lot though.. those vines are tricky.

I had so many great opportunities for pictures but neither of the kids cooperated. They were highly distracted by all the new sights and sounds. Also, it was unseasonably hot and we'd forgotten the stroller so I was toting Gwen in the sling and was soooo overheated. We did not really think about the logistics of each of us having a baby, camera AND trying to carry pumpkins as well.

Anyway, here are the pics.

Sitting on a pumpkin...


He did NOT want to get back on that hay ride and go back!



Back at the barn


There was a noisy horse distracting them both.


Finally, a halfway decent picture... but no smiles!


Gwen was asleep when we got home so we left her in her seat, hoping that she'd stay asleep. Well, she did for about 30 min and then was up. We tried letting her cry a bit, but she just would not stop. I had a little breakdown about it because it had been non-stop baby all day and that just is really hard on me.

I was too worn out to make dinner, so we had McDonalds and Jason got me a McFlurry to lighten my mood, which it did. I declare, you cannot be upset if you're eating ice cream. Well, for me at least.

Oh, we fed Gwen some green beans tonight and although she was skeptical at first, she ended up really liking them. So much that every time I moved the spoon towards her she'd flail her arms about wildly. One time, she ended up getting it all over her face... check it out:















Here is my blog tip of the day

Click on a picture to see a larger version of the picture

Today for breakfast we tried something new. A fritatta. Its like an omelet that you start on the stove, but finish in the oven. And you don't fold it. Its just flat, then you cut it into quarters. This one was a basic version. Just parm, onion, eggs, s&p, and basil. It was really good and I think will go into our normal breakfast rotation. It only took about 7 minutes to make. There is another version involving ham that would be very delicious.

No comments: