Tuesday, October 18, 2005

We had another good night of sleep. The kids woke up once, but it was at the same time, so I was able to quickly put them back down and get to bed. We were able to sleep in till 7 too, which was a nice treat.

The kids and I went out to the grocery store early, before first naps, to get various things. It was an easy trip, primarily because I was feeding Ethan raisins the whole time. The trick to keeping that kid happy and settled appears to be snacks :)

We've been struggling so much with getting Gwen to sleep. I'd asked on one of my message boards for advice in getting her to go down easier, as working 2 hours to get her to sleep 1 was just not working. I got tons of really great advice and using a mixture of different ideas I was able to see an immediate improvement. The first nap took about 15 min for her to go down, the second took about 10 and bedtime was about 10. This is totally ok and fine with me!

After the kids got up from nap, we put away the piles and piles of laundry that had accumulated. Ethan is very helpful and will take clothes and put them in various drawers. I just don't have the heart to correct him when he's trying to be helpful, so I just follow him and resort everything :)

We had a delicious meatloaf, with mashed potatoes and peas tonight. Gwen had some sweet potato, which she adored. Check it:















Gwen majorly digs her bathtime with Ethan. She goes crazy over the bath toys and even splashes. She was kinda timid about the water when she bathed alone, but she doesn't seem to have any fear when she's in with Ethan. Cute.

I'm going to start more aggressively working on potty training with Ethan. I think he's ready and I'd prefer it to be sooner rather than later. If anyone has tips or ideas about the best way, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like you had a great day!! I hate doing laundry!! I posted on your day I think it was yesterday but I guess you didn't get it. I left my email on there. well glad you had a good day