Saturday, June 11, 2005

Can I just say that I love this weather? I adore that its been raining like mad, and that I hear raindrops when I go to sleep and wake up. That puts me in a minority, and some may even say I'm crazy, but that's ok by me.

The kids both have been so enormously cranky. Ethan didn't take an afternoon nap, Gwen barely slept at all today and was crying a great deal. I don't know if it was her tummy or what. The only time she really slept was while she was in the pouch while I was grocery shopping.

We went to the library and picked up the books we'd put on hold. We had 7! Two were for Jason and 5 were for me and I still have one on the way. Its really quite exciting to have a huge stack of books to read. I go through them so fast that its a luxury to not have to 'ration' my reading. Most of them are historical fiction, based around the time period of Anne Boleyn, Queen Elizabeth I, etc. I even put another book on hold today. It's addicting, especially since you can do it all online!

Tonight we had leftover lentil soup w/ bacon and spinach along with some toasted bread w/ olive oil. Yum. I was again proud because Ethan ate it up. He loves lentil, pea and bean soups.

I'm feeling a wee bit better right now, but still struggled all day with depression and a general feeling of frustration. A few people have mentioned post-partum depression, but I feel like its not at that point yet.

Ok, enough typing... Off to read :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I can get used to the blogs I just hope you all will still go to e-mail as I do not have a blog yet and am not sure when I will take on the challenge. I love hearing about you and family. Give all my love Aunt Margaret