Friday, June 24, 2005

I hate shots. They make my kids unbearably cranky. Gwen was much better after her hard time last night, but has wanted to be held pretty much non-stop. I don't think she's been out of my arms for more than 15 min at a time. Its pretty cute though, she's taken to 'talking' if you can catch her in the right mood. When she's into it, her little mouth will be moving and she'll be wiggling and you can just tell she's working so hard to say something and then this little coo will come out and she'll look so proud!

Ethan was my mini-teen today. He slept in quite late (till nearly 9) and once he was up he was SO dramatic about everything. We're going to have to start cracking down a bit on these tantrums because they're starting to get pretty darn old. He drops his cracker or a toy and his life is over! OVER!!!!!! I had to ask him to wait while I finished feeding Gwen and he bent over, put his hands and head on the floor, then slowly dropped until he was flat on his tummy, arms and legs fully extended, crying the entire time. It was quite the show. Scenes like this continued the entire day.

After Jason got home we went to Costco to stock up on the paper towels and diapers. While we were there Jason was wooed by a 19in LCD monitor and he bought it. He is much pleased.

Mish, I watched the Merchant of Venice today. Have you seen it? It has Al Pacino and Ralph Fiennes (sp) in it and was quite good, I thought. Having not read the original story, I'm not sure how close it kept, but they had the original dialogue (or quite close to it I'd guess) and the acting, particularly Al Pacino, was superb.

About the adoption thing I posted earlier, Jason has not said a word about it. I'm keeping to my word that his lead is my lead. My Mom brought up a good point that perhaps I was so touched and drawn to these children because they are nearly the same age as mine and I could easily to relate to the kids. Regardless, my prayers are still with them because before anything, they need to be in a home where they are loved and do not need to be afraid.

Oh, I got a little carpet cleaner today. Its a handheld Bissell, so just for spot cleaning basically. I got it off Amazon for $15, because it was a refurb. It had good reviews, and for $15, even if it worked just ok it would still be a good deal! I did a few spots on our living room rug and it seemed to work well, as there are now three very clean spots to offset the dirty parts :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike and I just watched merchant of vennice the other night. I was SUPER tired and people kept coming in and out of the room talking to us and being annoying, so I wasn't really following it very well. Anyway, I really liked it toward the end with the disguises and all that. I love when shakespeare does that.

Anonymous said...

sorry, I didn't realize. . . that was me, Beth who made that last comment.