Saturday, June 18, 2005

What a day! It started out well, with Ethan sleeping in till 8. He had been quite exhausted by the night at the beach.

We called Becki to come out and watch Ethan while we went to see Batman Begins with Gwen in tow. I was rather uncertain how it would go, but she stayed asleep in the pouch for the first half and only made a tiny cry once when I was startled by something in the movie. I fed her right there in the theater and she ended up sleeping the rest of the movie. Easy enough! After the movie was over, the row behind us (which was an entire family) started asking us how old she was, how well behaved she acted, etc. The husband even said, 'I heard your baby cry and it was so great! I loved hearing that!'. Jason and I were amazed that we would happen to sit right in front of people who LOVED to hear little babies cry :) We went to that new theater at Alderwood and were very impressed. Its enormous.

When we got home, Ethan was happy as a clam with Becki. We invited her for dinner, but she had to go. We had eggrolls, rice and carrots. One of our favorite meals!

Unfortunately dinner time is when things started getting rough. Gwen did not want to left alone, and wanted to be walked. I, again, had to scarf down my dinner to get to her. She wanted to eat and eat and eat. I got Ethan bathed while Jason worked frantically to keep Gwen entertained. Ethan got dressed in his jammies and I was feeding Gwen again and we had a moment of peace. It didn't last long though. Ethan had reached up on the table and grabbed his food bowl. It fell off the table, and, along with it came a cup of soy sauce that we had used for the eggrolls. The soy sauce spilled all over his face. He was completely coated in it. He started screaming like the dickens... much more frantically than I'd ever heard him cry. Scared Jason and I to death. Jason rushed him to the bathroom and started washing out his mouth. I put Gwen down and ran in there and started splashing his eyes with water. Poor little Ethan thought we were drowning him I imagine, but that salty stuff had to come out or he wouldn't feel better :( He cried and cried and cried the poor little guy. Ethan clung to Jason for a while after that, sobbing miserably. After he calmed a bit I changed his pj's and saw that the soy sauce had caused him to break out in a bright red rash all over his tummy!

Anyway, we got him tucked away to bed and all was calm again.

We'll be heading out to Mom & Dad's tomorrow for a little Fathers Day celebration. Hopefully no more painful events will happen with our children this week. Between Gwens fall and Ethans soy sauce soaking, we're really on a streak!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris -
FINALLY got to a computer! Loved the pix of Jason & Gwen. Wow, has she changed. And I love Ethan's new haircut. For some reason, I thought there would be more pix in your blogs. Hope I'm doing this right. We're in northeastern Florida at Stephen Foster State Park (yes, the man who wrote "Old Folks at Home," etc.) Have a good day, honey, and give the kids a hug from Grammy & Grampa.
Love,
Grammy