Sunday, June 05, 2005

Didn't post yesterday as I was too danged tired. We did a good amount of yard work. I used the weed trimmer on the front lawn, then mowed and swept up all the grass off the walkway. Jason then mowed the back, which is a dreadfully hard job (really, it is, I'm not being sarcastic!). I made a beef stew and we walked to get the mail and that was about it.

Gwendolyn got some gifts from her great-great Aunt Margaret in Alaska. She got a cute little bib and an adorable bracelet! I am behind in infant jewelry because I did not even know they made such a thing. Here's a pic of it on her:




After dinner,we gave Ethan his first taste of chocolate pudding..... Oh how he loved it!

You can see that he started out sweet enough...



But he turned aggressive when he realized that he had consumed all of his pudding....




Finally, he assumes a somewhat scary sugar-crazed smile...




Lets just say we won't be offering that dessert again any time soon!

Today we went to Mom's church. It was good to see everyone again! I feel bad that I rarely see the people I grew up with , even though they live so close to me :( After church we dropped by Trina's house to pick up some baby clothes for Gwen. We got 4 boxes! I do not know what we'll do with them because we are already bursting at the seams for clothes. Hopefully they're older sizes.

After we got home, we laid a very exhausted Ethan (he missed his morning nap) down and I went grocery shopping with Gwen so that Daddy could get some game time in. We went to Central Market which is not the place to go when you're trying to save money. Oy, that place is just chock full of cool foodstuffs, all of which are outrageously expensive. I hit FM to pick up some assorted stuff and got wooed by the kid art stuff. I got Ethan a Blues Clues coloring book, some soap crayons and finger paints. I can't wait to let him go crazy with that paint in the bathtub!

Oh, first week of menu scheduling was a success! We made no other trips to the store for last minute items! I made up another menu and we're going to do it again. If this keeps up, I can already see a significant savings.

I'm very weary in the mind right now. Part of it is dehydration (too many espressos today, not enough water) but also... boredom? I'm not sure how to describe it. I'd like to get some time off from the kids, but I have no idea what I would do or where I would go and frankly, if I did leave, I'd feel guilty because I could be using that time to clean the house or weed a garden or something. I don't even want to leave in a way, because then I'll have to put on something more than lounging clothes and that opens up a whole other thing of 'why does nothing fit me!' drama. I feel like I should have things under control and fairly scheduled by now, but its still a mess. She's only 6 weeks, and I know that Ethan didn't have a schedule till nearly 9 months (though he could have if I'd tried), but sheesh would it be possible for them to nap at the same time? That's the worst... as soon as one of them goes down, the other is up.

Well, enough complaining... Maybe after a good nights sleep I won't feel so morose and blah...To quote Scarlett, 'After all, tomorrow is another day'

No comments: