Sunday, June 26, 2005

Ouch. My arms and shoulders are so sore! Gwen is now in her 'only happy with Mommy' stage. I remember Ethan going through it and how I thought it was sweet that only I could console him. I do not find it so cute second time around. Even with me though, she's not been easy to make happy today. Not sure if shot hangover still or something else but she's just been really fussy.

We went to the store today to pick up groceries for next week. This menu planning thing is going well. However, since I'm getting more groceries at a time (since I'm only going once a week) its more difficult going with the kids, which generally means shopping on the weekend when either Jason can come with me or watch the kids at home. Shopping on the weekends really bites. Everyone is so rude and the lines are so long.

We had roasted chicken with potatoes. Pesto was rubbed under the chicken skin and over the potatoes. It was pretty good. I'm horrible at carving meat. By the time I'm done, it looks like it was attacked by a bunch of hungry cavemen... all the pieces are ripped and meat is hanging off them. That picture of the beautiful bird at the table, being sliced apart neatly by the man or woman of the house is a completely foreign concept. When I'm done there is meat and juice everywhere... on the counters, floor, in my hair, on my clothes. At least it tastes good no matter how it looks :)

I watched that House of Flying Daggers movie this morning. It was fantastic. The cinematography was gorgeous and the story was enthralling, but I'm a sucker for the overly dramatic foreign film. I buy as many on PPV as I can find :D

Uploaded a little video of Gwen to the site I mentioned yesterday, and I also put a direct link to it on the right hand side of this page.

Gotta go, baby Gwendolyn is needing Mommy, again. I hope my arms can hold up!

No comments: