Monday, June 06, 2005

I'm still in my pajamas. That should tell you enough about my day :) Woke up at 5:30 with excruciatingly bright sunshine in my eyes, a cruel headache and little Gwen grunting next to me. She's a noisy little thing. For the next two hours I tried to get her back to sleep so I could go back to sleep, but unfortunately, she did not want anymore sleep. She wanted to play!

Ethan was a grump all day. We are going through another bout of jealousy which means he wants our full attention 100% of the time. Its exhausting! It also means he'll cry and scream and weep uncontrollably for no reason. Its like having a pint sized teenager in the house!

I post regularly on a message board having to do with babies, pregnancy and parenthood. This week I was voted as 'Parent of the Week'. Yay for me :) Basically all it means is that people can ask me a myriad of questions about various things. Its pretty cool, since I never seem to win anything :)

Went out on a limb for dinner and made a Mushroom risotto. Generally the boys love risotto, but they could not get over their mushroom aversion to enjoy the meal. I don't like mushrooms and I thought it was very decent.

Oh, I got the coolest thing today. A baby pouch! Its basically a baby sling, and you can hold the baby in a bunch of different ways On your hip, on your back, on your chest, you can even nurse them in it. Its double thickness of fleecy material and the baby sits inbetween, in the 'pocket'. It fits over one shoulder. Its meant to hold the baby very close to you to avoid back pain. Its also great because I can bend over very far without her falling out. So far I really really like it. My Baby Bjorn is excellent for a lot of things, but this will be a better option for 'every day' activities. Like right now, she's sleeping on my chest, in a laying down position while I easily type away.

I miss my grandparents :( They are traveling around the southwest visiting family and seeing the sights. I can't wait until they come back!

That's all for now...

No comments: