Friday, June 03, 2005

Not much happened today. We hung around the house and played and watched TV and I swept. That’s about it :)

Ethan finally learned how to stack blocks and not just knock them over! I got a picture of it this evening. Here it is:



Ethan also threw his first major fit today. I'm not sure what set him off, but it started because he couldn't reach his book. Then he got the book, but fell down and from there it went downhill. First he threw his little fists around, then hit the floor, then spread himself out on the floor and laid there screaming and kicking. I was trying so hard not to laugh!

Gwen was quite enamored with her daddy tonight. He picked her up (she'd been sleeping) and as soon as she saw him she lifted up her head so high. I couldn't believe it! I grabbed a shot:



She kept her head up like that for a really long time too.

Later, he picked her up after dinner and sat her facing out so she could see Ethan. Well, she wanted no part of that. She just wanted to look at her Dad :)



We had one of my favorite meals for dinner. Chicken Veronique. Basically chicken with grapes in a cream sauce. Num. Had it with couscous and buttered carrots.

I packed up the Pack 'n Play that Gwen was supposed to be sleeping in because it takes up so much room and she's not sleeping there. She's basically sleeping in our bed all the time now, which is fine with us. She's been waking up only 1 or 2 times a night for about a week. I weighed her today and she is just about 9lbs. Ethan has his 15 month appt later this month (can you believe he's 15 months!) and I'm really curious to see about his height and weight. He's seemed to fill out since 12 months.

We have no plans this weekend besides going to Mom's church on Sunday to see her rapture play (and, as an added benefit, show off Gwen!). Maybe I'll get up the energy to do something fun.

Sorry these posts are so boring, but that’s my life people :D

2 comments:

Becki said...

That second pick reminded me of when E did that "turn the head around and look at the person holding you" with me. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

It looks as if Gwen is going to be a bit of a daddy's girl. I love the picture of her looking up at Jason. Will you ask Jason if he'll send me one :)

"Ethan also threw his first major fit today." lol sorry but I had to laugh at this :) Oh how I remember this age, and it just gets better and better so hold on. You're in for fun times ahead, but don't worry it will settle down a bit in ...20-25 years :) the best really is yet to come ;)