Friday, June 10, 2005

Well thank goodness this week is over. The last couple days have been getting progressively worse and today I feel like it didn't get worse, but didn't really get better. It was just 'managable'. And 'managable' is passable right now.

Last night took a Percoset to kill the headache and wow, did that thing trip me out big time. I felt all floaty and dreamy. It did completely relax me and get rid of the headache, but was a little scary too.

I still can't explain why yesterday was so bad. It was just headache plus super cranky kids plus feeling like I'm so 'empty' right now. I think its a coping mechanism. I just stop caring that my head is aching, and that Ethan is whining or that I haven't showered in 3 days. You know when its really cold outside and you go out and you're freezing at first, but then you kinda get numb to it and after awhile you just don't feel it anymore? That's exactly how I've been feeling lately. Numb. Perhaps it will get better, perhaps not. I'll just have to wait and see.

We took Ethan to get his first professional haircut today. He did super great. The cut is ok... Once it grows out a bit I think it will be better.

I've been all interested in breastfeeding activism lately. First, Barbara Walters makes an idiotic comment on 'The View', then our own local Ken Schram does a commentary on it (if you watch the clip, make sure you watch till the end when his co-anchor tells him off), finally, today, I was directed to an editorial in the Seattle PI written by a smart fellow who tells Walters and Schram to grow up. I wrote emails to both Ken and his co-anchor... rebuking the first and praising the latter.

Well, I've held off Gwen as long as possible. The girl is hungry and has run out of patience.

No comments: